The 2015 July 4th mattress sales are here again and with our help you can successfully find a bargain while shopping for a new mattress. Sealy, Tempurpedic, Amerisleep and many other retailers will be discounting their mattresses on and around the holiday.
Latex mattresses, memory foam mattresses, innersprings and more will be available at discount prices during the Independence Day mattress sales. This is one of the best times to acquire a new sleep system.
July 4th Mattress Sales Trends in 2015
These explosive deals July 4th mattress sales are sure to be remembered. Are you wondering what types of deals will be available? We are too. Our team will be scouring over ads, newsletters, skywriting and any other promotional material we can find to bring you the creme de la creme.
That is, we will be sifting through many deals to bring you the best in one convenient location. In addition, we have tips for navigating these sales successfully.
When Do Independence Day Mattress Sales Start?
This year, these sales will probably start on or near the first of July and will continue through Monday, the 6th of July. Some sales may last longer or start earlier, but most will be going on during that time.
If you want to get the most from the July 4th mattress sales this year, you need to start checking deals out early. Some items may be in limited supply, but more importantly, there are so many to choose from, it is important to do some research. The best purchases are not made in haste.
Where are the Sales?
You don’t have to drive all over town to find some great deals on mattresses during these July 4th mattress sales. More and more mattresses are available online. Even those old titans Serta, Sealy and Tempurpedic and most major department stores will have some mattresses available and discounted on the internet.
We’ll compile some of the best deals we can find from various national sources and post them here as they begin to roll out. You’ll be able so see many offers here, but if you want to do your own searching, start with your favorite search engine.
Retailers of all types will have unique promotions abound on the internet. We suggest comparing a wide variety of offers from different retailers in order to find the best deal for you. Go to retail stores, too if you can. You may find deals there that aren’t advertised. You can also find 4th of July sales via social media accounts for brands, by signing up for emails, or in local newspaper ads.
What Types of Offers will be Available?
The possibilities are endless, though there are a few more likely scenarios. Based on previous July 4th mattress sales, we can reasonably presume to see the following types of deals available:
- Instant Discounts
- Online-Only Deals
These, in any combination, are likely to be abundant this year during the Independence Day sales. Discounts tend to be fairly significant. For example, on mid to luxury priced lines, you can often save around $200 or better over typical retail prices during holidays, and even more if you’re in the market for an adjustable base or pricey model.
How can I Find the Best Deals?
A good start is reading this guide. After you’re finished, you should do some of your own research and comparing. Don’t rely on our diligence, see for yourself. You may find some offers we didn’t come across.
On top of a thorough search and some number crunching, you can maximize your savings potential by:
- Starting your hunt early. Holiday sales are usually announced around a week before the holiday so retailers can start drawing customers in. The more time you have to compare and research, the better.
- Having a strategy. What kind of mattress are you looking for? What are your must-haves? What’s your ideal budget?
- Paying attention to the fine print. Fees for delivery, shipping and returns are important to note, as are time frames and terms of any rebates or sales.
- Skipping cheap eye-catchers. Doorbusters might be great for clothes and jewelry, but when it comes to a mattress, you will likely soon feel let down by the sub-par materials and lackluster warranties of promotional beds.
- Check warranties and return policies. What’s covered and for how long? How long do you have to return or exchange, and what fees and procedures are involved?
The Best of the 2015 July 4th Mattress Sales
With so many great deal, some sorting is in order. Here we break the deals into categories based on the composition of the mattress:
The most commonly available mattress, innerspring mattress offers are sure to be plentiful. When you are looking for an innerspring mattress, be mindful of the coil count, quality of foams or padding, return policy and warranty.
Here are some of the innerspring mattress deals available this holiday season:
- $147 – Sealy East Hills Firm Innerspring Mattress at Macy’s
- $179 – Serta Coralee Queen Mattress at Sears
- $199 – Signature Sleep Gold Series CertiPUR-US 8″ Coil Queen Mattress at Walmart
- $239 – Wolf IDREAM Moondance Plush 11″ Queen Mattress at Walmart
- $297 – Beautyrest Hanna Firm Queen Set at Macy’s
- $299.99 – Ortho-Posture Firm Euro Top Queen Set at Sleepy’s
- $389 – Sealy Talworth Queen Set at Sears
- $397 – Sealy Posturepedic Kirby Hill Firm Tight Top Queen Set at Macy’s
- $499.99 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Bristol Way Supreme Euro Top Queen Set at Overstock.com
- $499.99 – Beautyrest Greenwood Firm Queen Set at Mattress Firm
- $599.99 – Serta Taryn Queen Set at Sears
- $697 – Beautyrest Recharge Allie Firm Tight Top Queen Set at Macy’s
- $749.99 – Sealy Posturepedic Caversham Firm Queen Set at Mattress Firm
- $796.49 – Sealy Posturepedic Chargrove Euro Pillow Top Queen Set at Sears
- $799.99 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Greenshire Luxury Plush Queen Set at Sleepy’s
- $849.99 – Beautyrest Recharge Signature Select Hartfield Luxury Firm Queen Set at Mattress Firm
- $895.49 – Beautyrest Recharge Ultra St. Caroline Firm or Plush Queen Set at Sears
- $999.99 – Sealy Posturepedic Deveraux Plush Pillowtop Queen Set at Mattress Firm
- $1099.99 – Sealy Posturepedic Plus Deveraux Cushion Firm Queen Set at Mattress Firm
- $1199.99 – Laura Ashley Linley Luxury Euro Pillowtop Queen Set at Sleepy’s
- $1297 – Serta iSeries Island Retreat Plush Tight Top Queen Set at Macy’s
- $1399.99 – Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid Encourage Plush Queen Set at Sleepy’s
- $1499.99 – Stearns and Foster Lily-Rose Luxury Plush Queen Set at Mattress Firm
Memory Foam Mattresses
Tempurpedic, Serta, Sealy and many more companies will be greatly discounting their memory foam mattresses for the 4th of July mattress sale. These mattresses are widely available and very popular. If you are looking for a memory foam mattress, be sure to look in to the foam densities, firmness, return policy and warranty.
Take a look at the deals being offered this year:
- $129.99 – Ortho-Posture 5-Inch Foam Queen Mattress at Sleepy’s
- $199 – Macybed Memory Foam Tight Top Plush Queen Mattress at Macy’s
- $219 – Spa Sensations 8″ Memory Foam Queen Mattress at Walmart
- $229 – Lane Contoura III 12” Memory Foam Queen Mattress at Walmart
- $299 – Macybed Memory Foam Tight Top Firm Queen Mattress at Macy’s
- $399 – Macybed Memory Foam Tight Top Luxury Firm Queen Mattress at Macy’s
- $399 – Macybed Memory Foam Tight Top Luxury Plush Queen Mattress at Macy’s
- $469.99 – Slumber Solutions Gel Memory Foam 12” Queen Mattress at Overstock.com
- $499.99 – Serta Westdeen 8” Memory Foam Queen Set at Mattress Firm
- $565.99 – Grande Hotel Posture Support Memory Foam 14” Queen Mattress at Overstock.com
- $699 and up – Amerisleep Plant-Based Memory Foam Mattresses at Amerisleep.com (after $200 instant savings)
- $899.99 – Serta Kales 10” Memory Foam Queen Set at Mattress Firm
- $2197 – Serta iComfort Brilliant EFX Plush Memory Foam Queen Set at Macy’s
Not quite as available as innersprings and memory foam, latex mattresses are highly-sought items. Though more difficult to find in stores, latex mattresses can be purchased from many online retailers. Be sure to check out the firmness, density and makeup of the latex and pay close attention to the return policy and warranty.
Here’s the lineup for the discounted latex mattresses during the 2015 Fourth of July mattress sales:
- $462.32 – Modern Sleep Pristine 8” Latex Hybrid Queen Mattress at Walmart
- $503.99 – Select Luxury E.C.O. 10” Latex Hybrid Queen Mattress at Overstock.com
- $1599 and up – Astrabeds Organic Latex Mattresses at Astrabeds.com (after $200 instant savings)
- $2294.99 – Nature’s Rest Virtue Luxury Plush Latex Euro Top Queen Set at Overstock.com
These big-ticket beds are finding their way into more and more bedrooms. These 4th of July mattress sales are the perfect time to buy one of these highly -desired pieces of furniture. If an adjustable bed is on your list, take note of the bed frame’s features, policy and warranty.
Here are some great deals on adjustable beds:
- $797 – Serta Pivot Queen Motion Foundation at Macy’s (mattress separate)
- $1299 – Simmons Renew Adjustable Base in Queen at Sleepy’s (after $700 discount, mattress separate)
- $1497 – Beautyrest Renew Plus Queen Base at Macy’s (mattress separate)
- $2198 and up – Amerisleep Memory Foam and Ergo Invincible Adjustable Bed Sets at Amerisleep.com (after $700 instant savings / $500 on base, $200 on mattress)
- $1697 – iComfort Motion Perfect 2 Base at Macy’s (mattress separate)
- $1897 – Aireloom Hotel Collection Queen Base at Macy’s (mattress separate)
- $1897 – Leggett and Platt S-Cape Queen Base at Macy’s
- $2574 and up – Serta iSeries/iComfort and Adjustable Bed Sets at Serta.com and retailers (after up to $1000 instant savings, varies by mattress and base selection)
The Top Picks
Below are our picks for the best mattress deals of the season by category. We weighed customer reviews, durability, price and overall value for each of the beds we’ve listed and these rated the best.
|Brand / Model||Retailer||Price||Specs||Warranty||Rating (out of 5)|
|Stearns and Foster Lily-Rose Luxury Plush Queen Set||Mattress Firm||$1499.99||13.5" profile, .5" poly, 2" gel foam, .5" foam, pocketed coils||10 year limited full replacement||4.0|
|Beautyrest Recharge Signature Select Hartfield Luxury Firm Queen Se||Mattress Firm||$849.99||11.5" profile, firm, 2 layers foam, gel foam, 850 coils||10 year non-prorated||4..3|
|Beautyrest Hanna Firm Queen||Macy’s||$297||7" profile, foam, 252 coil count, 13.5 coil gauge||1 year||4.2|
Memory Foam Mattresses
|Brand / Model||Retailer||Price (Queen)||Specs||Warranty||Rating (out of 5)|
|Amerisleep Plant-Based Revere Bed Queen||Amerisleep||$1,299||12" profile, medium firm, 3" memory foam, 9" foam base||20 year||4.5|
|Serta Kales 10” Memory Foam Queen Set||Mattress Firm||$899.99||10" profile, 3" memory foam, 7" foam base||10 year||4.1|
|Grande Hotel Posture Support Memory Foam 14” Queen Mattress||Overstock||$565.99||14" profile, 3" plush memory foam, 3" memory foam, 3" foam, 5" foam base||20 year limited||3.9|
|Brand / Model||Retailer||Price||Specs||Warranty||Rating (Out of 5)|
|Astrabeds Organic Latex Serenity Bed||Astrabeds||$1,799||8" profile, soft to firm, 1" organic wool, 2x2" & 1x3" certified organic dunlop latex||25 Years||4.6|
|Select Luxury E.C.O. 10” Latex Hybrid Queen Mattress||Overstock||$503.99||10" profile, 2" latex, 8" foam base||Not Disclosed||3.8|
Make the Most of the Fourth of July Mattress Sales
There aren’t many times quite as good as this to find the right bed for you, in fact the next time you’ll see big deals is Labor Day, in September. So many retailers will be offering discounts and other promotions you will have no problem finding a great deal on a quality mattress.
These sales won’t last forever, but you should take some time considering your options. Read all the fine print and check warranties and return policies. Check reviews and be scrutinizing. If you are diligent, you will remember these July 4th mattress sales for years to come!