2017 Black Friday Mattress Sale Previews and Guide
Get Prepared for the Black Friday Mattress Sales
It’s almost Thanksgiving once again, and that means Black Friday mattress sales are right around the corner, too. If you will be looking for a new bed this year, our Black Friday mattress sale guide is packed with insider tips for getting a great deal and previews of 2017’s sales.
During Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, retailers discount products dramatically, and mattresses are no different. In this guide, we’ll start by highlighting a few of this year’s standout Black Friday mattress deals. After that, we’ll share our seven important tips for selecting the best mattress for you, and then finally the complete list of this year’s sales from top online and retail stores. You’re on your way to better sleep!
Best Black Friday Mattress Deals Compared
Below you will find our four favorite mattress deals this Black Friday. For a side-by-side comparison, check out the table at the end of this section.
BEST DEAL: $200 Off Amerisleep AS2 (Promo Code BF200)
If you’re serious about getting the deep, comfortable, and restful sleep you need to wake up feeling fresh each morning, then the Amerisleep AS2 is the bed for you. It’s engineered down to the last detail, using the latest materials and technology, to make you sleep better than you ever have.
It starts with the cover, which uses a fabric called Celliant. The FDA did a complete analysis of Celliant and determined that it helps increase comfort and promotes more restful sleep.1 Clinical studies showed Celliant helped users fall asleep on average 15 minutes faster. That adds up to nearly two extra hours of sleep per week — just from the fabric in the cover!
So imagine what the rest of the bed can do.
The AS2 uses Amerisleep’s proprietary BioPur memory foam. It’s five times more breathable than traditional memory foam, which keeps you cool and comfortable all night. It’s also ten times more responsive, bouncing back to its original shape in just a few seconds instead of half a minute or more, so that if you move around at night you won’t feel stuck.
Beneath the BioPur memory foam, the Amerisleep AS2 contains the Affinity transition layer with SMT (Surface Modification Technology). This layer uses hundreds of six-sided foam supports, grouped into targeted comfort zones, and has been shown to reduce pressure points up to 49%.
By increasing the space between the foam hexagons, SMT can provide extra cushion where you need it — like the hips and shoulders. And by decreasing the space between the foam hexagons, it can provide extra support where you want it — like the lower-back and neck.
When you add outstanding customer service — including a risk-free, 100-night trial and two-decade long warranty — to the AS2’s amazing comfort and performance, it’s no surprise that 99% of Amerisleep AS2 users rate it three or more stars in third-party verified reviews.
Add a generous $200 discount for Black Friday (using code BF200) to the Amerisleep AS2’s already-low price, and you can see why it was an easy choice for our best deal of the year!
SECOND PLACE: TEMPUR-Cloud Supreme Breeze
The TEMPUR-Cloud Supreme Breeze is our runner-up this year. We favor memory foam mattresses in our rankings, because on average they get higher customer satisfaction scores compared to innerspring mattresses.
For example, Sleep Like the Dead found that the average innerspring mattress gets a customer satisfaction score of just 60%, while the average memory foam mattress gets 80%. This Tempurpedic mattress gets a 4.4 out of five, which is even higher than the average in the study.
Also, while some older Tempurpedic models received customer complaints about overheating, their Breeze material is designed to help keep you cool while you rest.
THIRD PLACE: Serta iComfort Hybrid Applause II Firm
This hybrid mattress has a relatively thin memory foam top, with a support layer that contains 952 pocketed coils to try and help eliminate motion transfer. If you’re not ready to move to a mattress made entirely of foam, which we believe is the best choice for most people given the advantages in comfort you get from an all-foam bed, this mattress is a great compromise.
FOURTH PLACE: Sealy Posturepedic Leola Euro Pillow Top
This is another good hybrid mattress option. It has a soft pillow top, a gel-foam middle layer, and then a support system with 825 pocketed coils. We ranked this one lower than the Serta mentioned above because the coil count is slightly lower.
Best Black Friday Mattress Deals Compared
|TEMPUR-Cloud Supreme Breeze||Serta iComfort Hybrid Applause II Firm||Sealy Posturepedic Leola Euro Pillow Top
|Customer Reviews (out of 5)||4.7||4.4||4.0||4.0
|FDA Confirms1 Cover Promotes Better Sleep|
|Made Entirely with Foam|
|Proven to Reduce Pressure Points 49%|
|Designed to Eliminate Heat|
|Reacts to Movement (Won’t Feel Stuck)|
|Sleep Trial||100 Nights
|90 Nights with
|120 Nights with
One Free Exchange
|60 Nights with
|Total Warranty Coverage||20 Years||10 Years||10 Years||10 Years
*Data for reviews found on Amerisleep and Tempur-Pedic retail sites and independent review site Sleep Like The Dead.
Seven Tips for Getting the Best Mattress During Black Friday 2017
Even though Black Friday offers big savings, it’s still important to do a little research and fact-checking to make sure you bring home a winner. Though Black Friday sales tend to be really good, you can still find some lemons. Here are our essential steps for getting a dream-worthy deal on your new bed.
1. Start Looking Early
Black Friday mattress sales will begin on or near November 24 this year, the day after Thanksgiving. However, many retailers begin releasing or leaking their deals up to two weeks before.
Don’t wait until Black Friday to start looking for a mattress, as this will not allow you enough time to research and may leave you feeling pressured to buy. If you know you’ll be in the market for a bed, start testing out and researching models now so you have an idea of what to look for in the ads.
As retailers start to release the information on their sales, we will begin publishing them here. Deals from all kinds of retailers will be available in this one convenient place.
2. Make a Wish List
Work with your partner (if applicable) and make a list of the things you need to have and want to have in your next mattress based on your testing and past beds.
What firmness range feels most comfortable? Is there a specific material or brand that stands out to you? Any other concerns such as motion transfer or allergies? What budget are you comfortable with? Do you want targeted lower back support, a common request among 81% of consumers?
Also, don’t forget to confirm your bed’s size and whether you need new boxsprings/supports, pillows or other items.
3. Do Your Research
Next, start checking ads and researching for deals. We’ll be compiling major online and national retailers’ Black Friday mattress deals here, and you can find others by checking your local newspapers and browsing deal sites online.
Make note of store, brand, model and price of beds that appeal to you or match your wish list. Research the core specifications of each bed and make note – this will be helpful later. Research the main features of the mattress type you are considering so you know what to compare. Here’s an example:
- What is each layer in the bed made of and how thick is each layer?
- What is the firmness for the mattress, and is it the right fit for your body type and sleep style? (Research shows that this is a critical factor for sleeping well at night)
- Have the layers been clinically tested or reviewed by regulators, for example how Amerisleep’s Celliant cover got evaluated by the FDA?
- For memory foam, what is the density of each layer and the foam core?
- If you’re concerned about going green, is the foam certified eco-friendly by CertiPUR-US?
- For innersprings, what is the coil count, coil type and gauge?
- For latex, what is the latex made of and what is the ILD for each layer?
- What is the warranty full coverage period?
- What is the retailer’s return policy?
4. Compare the Details
Once you’ve researched the various Black Friday mattress sales, start comparing the different options you have found side-by-side. There can be a lot of information, so grab a pen and paper if you need to. Good notes on mattress specifications will be helpful and very worthwhile.
Do any of them offer quality that stands out? Are there any that have features you particularly like? Are there any that you would eliminate based on what you found?
5. Look for Great Values – Not Just Deals
When you start narrowing down your mattress sale candidates, focus on the value the bed represents at the sale price and not the markdown or discount being advertised.
Retailers often inflate “normal” pricing in order to advertise catchy 50%-75% off sales, but these discounts often don’t represent actual or realistic pricing. One company’s sale might be another’s everyday price, and some brands have markups not reflective of their quality.
Instead, compare the bed’s specifications to others being offered in the same price range. How does quality (foam density, coil count, fabrics, etc) compare? Are there any significant differences in guarantees, certifications, or performance for better or worse? If any of the brands prove reluctant to tell you what’s inside the mattress or make it difficult to compare their beds, this could be a red flag of poor quality or value.
6. Read Reviews
Another helpful way to narrow down candidates during your Black Friday mattress sale shopping is to check for reviews. These owner comments and experiences can offer insight into comfort, durability, service, and other pros and cons. No mattress will be perfect for every individual in terms of comfort, but consistent trends complaining about durability, customer service or other issues could be worth noting.
Reviews with larger sample sizes and verified/unbiased posting processes are more likely to be accurate. Verified reviews have been through a process to determine the reviewer actually purchased the mattress they claim to. Check review websites like Reseller Ratings or Viewpoints, retailer websites, blogs, forums and other sources.
7. Read the Fineprint
Lastly, always read the fine print of the sale and the mattress before taking the plunge. Some Black Friday mattress deals may be in the form of mail-in rebates or may have other specific requirements. Get the lowdown or you may be stuck with a deal you didn’t plan on. Rebates can sometimes take weeks or months to redeem.
Returns and warranties should also be read through so you won’t have any surprises later on. Some warranties cover nearly everything for the entire term, others may be prorated for part of the term. Find out what is covered and for how long.
The Deals: 2017 Black Friday Mattress Sale Preview
And now, what you really came for – the deals. Below are the best Black Friday mattress sales that have been released or leaked thus far.
Ads and offers will begin coming out the second week of November, so bookmark this page to stay updated! We will work to continue adding to this list through late-November as more ads come out. If you don’t see the bed you’re looking for, check again later!
If you have sales tips to add, send us a comment!
The Black Friday sale at Amerisleep.com is live now, and runs through Cyber Monday.
- Take $200 off any mattress, in any size, using code BF200 at checkout. Prices start atfrom $649.
- Instantly get 20% off the Amerisleep Adjustable Bed when you purchase any Amerisleep. Savings up to $1,400 depending on mattress size and model.
The Black Friday event at H.H. Gregg stores usually starts around Thanksgiving.
- Check back soon.
The Macy’s Black Friday sale starts in stores and online on Thanksgiving.
- $696 to $1556 – Beautyrest Recharge Queen Mattress Sets
- $1399 to $2501 – Beautyrest Hybrid Queen Mattress Sets
- $1799 to $4544 – Beautyrest Black Queen Mattress Sets
- $1074 to $3272 – Serta iComfort Memory Foam and Hybrid Sets (select models, not all are on sale)
- $1299 to $5690 – Stearns and Foster Queen Mattress Sets
- $1799 to $8359 – Hotel Collection Aireloom Vitagenic Queen Mattress Sets
- Doorbusters ($100-$250 off):
- Sealy Baybark Queen Mattress
- Serta Perfect Sleeper Falmore Firm Tight Top Queen Mattress Set
- Sealy Posturepedic Highland Beach Cushion Firm or Plush Queen Mattress Set
- Beautyrest Recharge Athens Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Mattress Set
Sears Black Friday deals are available in stores and online from Thanksgiving.
- Doorbusters / After 1pm
- Serta Coralee Queen Set
- Sealy Posturepedic Carrsville Queen Set
- Sealy Posturepedic Keene Tight Top Queen Set
- Mattress Deals
- Promoted specials, listed at up to 50% off with free boxspring and store gift card of $50:
- Sealy Posturepedic Lynnview Euro Top Queen Set
- Serta Perfect Sleeper Springview Tight Top Queen Set
- Beautyrest Recharge Keeler Luxury Firm Queen Set
- Beautyrest Recharge Madelyn Pillow Top Queen Set
- Sealy Posturepedic Mackville Euro Pillow Top Queen Set
- Serta Perfect Sleeper Glenellen Tight Top Queen Set
- Sealy Posturepedic Leola Euro Pillow Top Queen Set
- Beautyrest Recharge Ultra St. Caroline Queen Set
- Serta Perfect Sleeper Glenellen Super Pillowtop Plush Queen Set
- $100-$200 Sears card with Stearns & Foster, Optimum, Posturepedic Hybrid or Beautyrest Platinum or Platinum Hybrid sets
- Up to $200 Sears card with select Tempurpedic sets
- Up to $500 off select Beautyrest Black sets
- Boxspring and $50 Sears card with select Posturepedic, Serta Perfect Sleeper, or Beautyrest Recharge sets
- Boxspring with select iComfort and iComfort Hybrid sets
- Promoted specials, listed at up to 50% off with free boxspring and store gift card of $50:
- Adjustable Bed Deals
- Beautyrest Smart Motion Base – $100 to $300 off
- Sealy Reflexion Posturepedic Base – $200 to $400 off
- $50-$400 off Tempurpedic mattress and $50-$200 gift card by mail with select Tempurpedic Ergo Base and mattress sets
Serta deals are available direct on their website and at participating retailers, usually starting the week before the holiday.
- Free boxpring with iComfort mattress
- Up to $800 off select adjustable bases with mattress purchase (discount depends on model and size)
- $200 off the Serta iComfort Foresight mattress set
Sleepy’s Black Friday deals run online and in stores from (TBD!).
- Check back soon.
The Tempur-Pedic Black Friday deals are available on their website and run through for most of the month.
- $150-$400 instant savings off Tempurpedic mattresses. Discount varies by model and size
- $50-$200 rebate by mail with Tempur Ergo adjustable bases. Discount varies by model and size.
Our recommendation for the best mattress deal of the season is $200 off the Amerisleep AS2 or any of Amerisleep’s other mattress models. But if you still aren’t sure where to start your search, you can also take a look at our previous guides to mattress shopping, adjustable beds, and mattress prices. Check back here as time progresses, as more offers will be added. Some promotions may be limited in supplies or time. If you need a new mattress, pay close attention in the coming weeks.
How are you preparing for Black Friday this year? Post in the comments and let us know what you are shopping for during Black Friday mattress sales!
1 The FDA has determined that Celliant® products are medical devices as defined in section 201(h) of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act and are general wellness products. Celliant® is determined by the FDA to temporarily promote increased local blood flow at the site of application in healthy individuals. Hologenix, LLC, the maker of Celliant®, states that Celliant® safely converts body heat to infrared energy. This energy penetrates into the muscle and tissue to promote a temporary increase in local blood flow and helps increase comfort and promotes restful sleep.