The Memorial Day Mattress Sale Event is On. Are You Ready to Buy?
Discount events over this holiday weekend are the last chance to get a lower price on beds before summer begins. If you want to start the summer season off in comfort, now is a fantastic time to buy. You can find some great offers on nearly every brand and type of bed during these late-May discount days.
Getting a new bed can be a total game changer for your comfort and sleep quality. There’s a small downside though. The sheer number of options to pick from can be a little overwhelming. But you shouldn’t let that stop you from finding an incredible bed at an equally incredible price. Buying a new mattress doesn’t have to be confusing or crazy. And it doesn’t have to break the bank either.
To help out, we have some tips for the savvy consumer. They can help you make the most of this shopping event. Don’t let the excitement or pressure of limited-time offers get the best of you though. It’s important to keep a level head and avoid getting sucked into sales traps. Doing your research ahead of time can help you make a smart purchase at a great price. And that will really have you sleeping like a baby.
Top Memorial Day Mattress Sale: Amerisleep’s AS3
There are so many mattress brands offering great discounts. But our favorite option of all is Amerisleep’s AS3.
Amerisleep has several eco-friendly memory foam beds with excellent reviews. And this weekend they’re offering $200 off any mattress with the code MD200. You can get a queen bed for as low as $849.
All of Amerisleep’s models are high quality options worth considering. But the AS3 might be our favorite of all. The medium-firm bed is designed to deliver maximum comfort for a range of sleepers. And it has racked up nearly 5,000 enthusiastic customer reviews. Here are a few more features that make this model stand out:
- Proprietary high-performance memory foam. It’s designed to offer maximum support and pressure point relief.
- Just-right firmness level. It’s just right for all sleep styles and positions.
- Specialized cooling layer. The AS3 is five times more breathable than traditional foams.
- Zero motion transfer. You won’t get disturbed if your partner gets up or changes positions during the night.
- Sleep-supporting mattress cover. The cover features Celliant. This is a thermoreactive yarn that safely turns body heat into infrared.
- Plant-based foam and eco-friendly manufacturing practices. They’re better for people—and the environment.
- Generous 100-day risk-free trial. You get more than three months to try the AS3 in the comfort of your own home. If you decide it’s not for you, you can return it at no cost.
Like all of Amerisleep’s models, the AS3 is currently on sale. You’ll get $200 off the list price of $1,399 with code MD200. That’s a savings of 15%. This offer ends after Memorial Day. Get it while it’s hot!
Your Guide to Memorial Day Weekend Mattress Deals
Navigating all the annual discounts isn’t for the faint of heart. But don’t let yourself get overwhelmed. We’re here to help you make sense of all the options. We’ve scoured the Internet to track down some of the best discount offers from a number of top brands. These events tend to come in on a rolling basis. We’ll be posting them here as we get them. It’s a good idea to bookmark this page and check back as the weekend gets under way.
Take a look at the bargain events that are already out there. And stay tuned for more. We’ll keep adding the best deal ads from leading department stores, showrooms, and online brands. Almost every retailer you can think of will be slashing their prices. Some discounts could help you save hundreds of dollars or more.
Ready to dive in to the savings? Here’s a look at some of the best offers we’ve found so far.
Online at Amerisleep.com, 5/23 through 5/29.
As we mentioned earlier, this is one of our favorite brands. Amerisleep isn’t as much of a household name as some other brands. But they’ve been known for delivering quality sleep for more than a decade. (Their customer satisfaction rating is a whopping 99%. You can’t really beat that, can you?) The AS3 is one of our top performing mattresses. So having it offered at a lower price is truly a steal.
Here are some details on Amerisleep’s discount event:
- Use code MD200 to take $200 off any plant-based memory foam mattress of any size. (Apply the code at checkout.)
- Take an additional 20% off of Amerisleep’s adjustable bed base when paired with a mattress.
- As always, shipping and returns are both free.
Online at Macys.com and in stores from 5/24 to 5/29.
- Sale runs from 5/23 to 6/3 at Macys.com and in stores
- $149 – MacyBed Basics 5 Foam Firm Queen Set ($269 set)
- $399 – MacyBed Premium Plush Queen Mattress ($519 set)
- $599 – MacyBed Barton Cushion Firm Queen Mattress
- $699 – MacyBed Resort Firm Euro Pillowtop Queen Mattress ($819 set)
- $699 – MacyBed Resort Plush Eurotop Queen Mattress ($819 set)
- $769 – Beautyrest Silver Golden Gate Luxury Firm or Plush Queen Mattress
- $769 – Beautyrest Silver Golden Gate Luxury Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Mattress
- $1699 – Hotel Collection Aireloom Vitagenic Copper Gel Firm Queen Mattress
- $1869 – Beautyrest Black Reyna Luxury Firm Queen Mattress ($2069 set)
- $1869 – Beautyrest Black Reyna Luxury Plush Queen Mattress ($2069 set)
- $1899 – Hotel Collection Aireloom Vitagenic Memory Foam Firm Queen Mattress ($2199 set)
Online at MattressFirm.com and in stores from 5/22 to 5/29.
- Free adjustable bed when spending at least $599 on a mattress
- King mattresses for queen prices, queen mattresses for twin prices
- $297 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Alesbury 8” Memory Foam Mattress in Queen
- $397 – Beautyrest Greenwood Firm Mattress in Queen
- $149 – Sleepy’s Basics Firm Mattress in Queen
- $199 – Sleepy’s Calm Euro Top Memory Foam Mattress in Queen
- $299 – Sleepy’s Rest Firm Mattress in Queen
- $575 – Tulo Soft, Medium or Firm Mattress in Queen
- $699 – Beautyrest Recharge Signature Select Hartfield Luxury Firm Mattress in Queen
- $799 – Beautyrest Recharge Signature Select Vinings Plush Mattress in Queen
- $899 – Beautyrest Recharge Signature Select Bay Spring Pillow Top Mattress in Queen
- $1199 – Serta iSeries Hybrid 100 Firm Mattress
- $1399 – Serta iSeries Hybrid 300 Plush Mattress
- $1599 – Serta iSeries Hybrid 500 Cushion Firm Mattress.
Online at 1800mattress.com, dates to be announced.
- Coming soon! Last year, 1800mattress offered savings on Beautyrest mid range models, a couple doorbusters on their house brand, and discounts or rebates with Serta iSeries.
Online at Sears.com and in stores, dates to be announced.
- Up to extra 60% off all mattresses.
- 84 months no interest financing or 5% instant discount on beds over $599
- $169 – Sertapedic Chiswick Firm Queen Mattress
- $562.99 – Beautyrest Silver Wavecrest Firm Queen Mattress
- $711.49 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Teddington Plush Queen Mattress
- $1399.99 – Serta Blue 300 Firm Queen Mattress
- $2399.99 – Beautyrest Black Mariela Luxury Firm Queen Mattress
Online at Serta.com and via retailers from 5/17 to 6/5.
- Save up to $800 on adjustable base and mattress sets.
Online at Sleepys.com and in stores through 5/30. Dates may vary by offer.
- See “Mattress Firm”, as they are now one entity and share the same ad/sale.
Online at US-Mattress.com, dates not yet announced.
- Typically offers can be found on name brand innerspring and memory foam sets.
How to Get the Best Memorial Day Mattress Deals
It doesn’t matter what type of bed you’re looking for. Nearly every retailer is competing for your business this weekend. So you can find price reductions on any and all models during the holiday special. Memory foam, innerspring, latex and even adjustable beds are all discounted over Memorial Day weekend. So it can be well worth the wait.
But here’s the thing. You can’t expect to just stumble across the best mattress at the perfect price. Plenty of deals aren’t really as impressive as they might seem. And not every mattress out there is top quality. The fact is that many discounts are wildly inflated. And super cheap beds are often made with low quality materials that will leave you aching for a new one in no time. Having the right strategy and information matters. They can go a long way to ensure you find a bed that’s both comfortable and a great value.
So what exactly do you need to know? We’ve created this handy comparison and guide. Use it to help you sort through the barrage of bargains. It can help you easily find a high quality bed at a price that’s right for you. That way you won’t have to spend hours researching and shopping. But you won’t end up with a lemon of a mattress either!
When and Where to Start Shopping
Don’t wait until the holiday weekend has actually started. The best time to start looking for the bed of your dreams is right now. Many sales won’t actually kick off until the Friday before Memorial Day. (This year, that’s May 25th.) But retailers almost always start sharing their secrets a little earlier. After all, they want you to know what’s ahead—and get ready to buy.
This is a smart move. If you’re ready for the discounts to come, you can act quickly and avoid the holiday hustle and bustle. Some offers might only be available in limited numbers. If your preferred bed is one of them, you don’t want to miss out. You likely don’t want to spend most of the long weekend in a mattress store either.
All of these problems can be solved by starting your search early. That way you know what bed types and brands appeal to you. You’ll also get a sense for what normal pre-sale prices look like. (This will help you tell if a markdown is actually good or not.) There’s another big benefit to deciding on things you like ahead of time. It makes you less likely to settle on something subpar just to save a few bucks.
Most stores and dealers will be offered at reduced rates for the holiday weekend. That includes discounts on budget, mid-range, and even luxury models. Both retail locations and online stores will be slashing their prices. So shop around at a few different places to scope out the best deal. Buying online can give you access to a bigger selection. You might also run into better deals and more generous return policies. But all of this can vary based on what you’re looking for. Check different stores and brands to see what they’re offering in your price range. You’re sure to find something that will fit your needs and sleep style.
Consider Your Preferences
It’s no secret that every sleeper is different. Your bed should reflect that. So don’t just spring for the first mattress that you see. Instead, focus on your individual needs, likes, and dislikes. Not quite sure where to begin? Start by asking yourself these simple questions:
- What do I want or need from a new bed?
- Do I prefer a firm, medium, or soft sleep surface?
- Do I want a latex, memory foam, or innerspring bed?
- How many years do I plan on using this bed?
- Is this bed for nightly use? Or will it just be used occasionally?
- What’s my desired budget? Am I willing to spend a little more if needed?
Figuring out the answers to these questions is the first step of your shopping journey. Once you have them, start looking at options that might fit the bill. You could always head to a showroom and tell the salesperson what you’re looking for. But going online puts the power in your hands. The internet is a great resource for reviews, independent ratings and shopping guides. Plus it makes it easy to compare lots of different options on your own schedule. And you’ll likely find more details than what might be available at a store.
Be a Little Discriminating
There are lots of things that add up to finding your best bed. But one of the most important things you can do is look at several retailers before making a decision. It’s rare for the first mattress you try to be the perfect fit. That’s because there are more factors to consider than you might think. For instance, mattresses come in a variety of sizes, firmness levels, and materials.
So decide on the characteristics you want and look for beds that fit the bill. The important thing is to find options that really line up with your needs. This is one instance where you don’t want to settle for less. Your bed can have a major impact on your sleep quality. And your sleep quality can have a major impact on your overall health and wellness. Stay firm on what you really want—and you’ll reap the rewards.
Compare for the Best Price
You’ve locked down a few great options that meet your needs. Now it’s time to shop around and look at the price tags. You can take a peek before the holiday weekend to get an overall sense on cost. Then check back to see what kinds of discounts are being offered.
You might have some flexibility based on what you’re hoping to buy. Major national brands might come in at different prices depending on where they’re sold. Online brands that sell direct to consumer typically have just one sale price. That might not sound as good. But it might actually end up being the better deal. That’s because online brands tend to offer more competitive prices to begin with. You usually won’t have to pay extra for shipping or delivery fees either. This can all add up to considerable savings.
Check the fine print
The final step is to read up on the brand you’re buying from. It’s essential to check the details on return policies and warranties. Reputable companies generally have fair offers here. But it’s always worth knowing what you’re getting into. Two retailers could offer the same bed (or two very similar models) at the same price. But the decision is pretty simple if one has a better return policy or customer service reviews.
Paying attention to the return policies and warranties is always important. But it’s especially key during discount events. Some brands or retailers might change their usual policies during holiday sales. You might not be able to make a return, for instance.
Ideally, the brand shouldn’t cut you off once you pay for the bed. You should be able to try out your new mattress for at least a month and return it if you dislike it. (Free returns are even better. You’re more likely to find these online.) In fact, some companies have risk-free trial periods that last for three or four months. If you spot that sort of opportunity, you might not want to pass it up.
There should also be a generous warranty policy. This covers you in case it turns out that your purchase is defective. The best brands offer 10 years of full replacement coverage. They should also offer another 10 years of partial replacement coverage. Covering smaller indentations and defects is always better. A warranty should cover indentations of at least 1”. But smaller indentations—like .75”—is preferable.
Get the Most From This Memorial Day Mattress Sale
Taking advantage of holiday sales is a smart move. Buying a new bed is a big investment. Budgeting for a large purchase isn’t always easy. At the same time most shoppers want to buy a product that’s the best possible quality. Summer’s unofficial kickoff is a great time to get the comfort you need at a friendlier price point.
In fact, you’ll find some of the deepest discounts offered all year. So if you need a new bed, start shopping! There will be other deal opportunities later on—including on July 4th and Labor Day. But there’s no reason to wait if you need a new bed now.
Remember to keep those smart shopping tips in mind. Start your search early and use your head. Having more time and information will up the odds that you love your new purchase. A great bed is its own reward. But a great bed at a great price is even better.
That’s one of the reasons why we love Amerisleep’s AS3 so much. It’s a crowd pleaser with a proven track record. (Nearly 5,000 positive customer reviews can’t be wrong!) Just as good, it’s designed to work for a wide range of sleepers. So it’s a great option to consider if you don’t want to spend hours researching tons of beds. (Especially if you have fun plans lined up for the long holiday weekend.)
The AS3 is also a durable model made from high quality materials. It’s priced competitively year-round. But the holiday weekend discount puts it at a cost point that really can’t be beat. You can get the bed for $200 off using the code MD200. This sort of combination represents a truly excellent value. Especially since Amerisleep offers free shipping and a 100-day at-home trial with free returns. With an offer like that, there’s really nothing to lose.
Of course everyone’s preferences are different. So focus on the details that matter to you and find a bed that matches up. (Or compile a list of a few different options and do a head to head comparison.) With deals this good, you’re guaranteed to come out with an excellent option. Happy shopping–and sweet dreams!