Sales on Memorial Day are the last chance to get a deal on beds before the summer heat settles in. Luckily, you can find some great offers on nearly every brand and type of bed during these end-of-May discount days. To help out, we have some tips for the savvy shopper this Memorial Day weekend.
Getting a new bed can be a life-changing experience. Don’t let the excitement or the pressure of limited-time deals get the best of you, though. Keep a level head and make a smart purchase you’ll be happy with for years to come at a price that’ll have you sleeping like a baby.
Your Guide to Memorial Day Weekend Mattress Sales
To help you navigate the annual discounts we’ve scoured the internet to provide you with some of the best Memorial Day mattress deals from a number of popular brands. Once we get them all together we will post them here. Stay tuned for the best Memorial Day weekend mattress sale ads from leading department stores, showrooms and online retailers.
Online at Amerisleep.com, 5/24 to 5/30.
Amerisleep isn’t as well known as some other brands, but their reputation for quality sleep spans the past 10 years. The Revere Bed is one of our favorite mattresses, so having it on sale is a steal.
- Take $200 off any plant-based memory foam mattress, any size with the code MD200 at checkout.
- Take an additional 20% off the Amerisleep adjustable bed when paired with a mattress.
- Free shipping, and free returns on mattresses.
Online at Astrabeds.com, 5/24 to 5/30.
- Take $200 off any organic latex mattress with the code MEM200 at checkout.
- Free shipping and layer returns.
Online at Macys.com and in stores, 5/24 to 6/5.
- $149 – Sealy Cedar Valley Firm Innerspring Queen Mattress ($239 after doorbuster special)
- $399 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Calm Canyon Queen Innerspring Set ($599 after doorbuster special)
- $399 – Sealy Posturepedic Orchard Valley Firm Queen Innerspring Set
- $499 – Beautyrest Classic Bethany Plush Queen Innerspring Set ($699 after doorbuster special)
- $699 – Sealy Posturepedic Grant Park Ltd. Plush or Cushion Firm Queen Innerspring Set ($899 after doorbuster special)
- $699 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Elite Gentle Retreat Extra Firm or Cushion Firm Queen Innerspring Set
- $809 – Beautyrest Recharge Mona Firm or Plush Queen Innerspring Set
- $809 – Beautyrest Recharge Mona Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Innerspring Set
- $809 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Gentle Retreat Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Innerspring Set
- $899 – Sealy Posturepedic Grant Park Ltd. Cushion Firm or Plush Euro Pillowtop Queen Innerspring Set
- $899 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Hybrid Elegant Retreat Firm or Plush Queen Innerspring Set
- $989 – Sealy Posturepedic Knotty Pines Cushion Firm Queen Innerspring Set
- $989 – Sealy Posturepedic Knotty Pines Cushion Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Innerspring Set
- $989 – Beautyrest Recharge Plus Santa Rosa Extra Firm, Luxury Firm or Plush Queen Innerspring Set
- $1079 – Beautyrest Recharge Plus Santa Rosa Luxury Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Innerspring Set
- $1287 – Beautyrest World Class Hybrid 3.0 Cushion Firm or Plush Queen Set
- $1299 – Stearns and Foster Estate Garrick Luxury Firm or Luxury Cushion Firm Queen Innerspring Set
- $1799 – Hotel Collection by Aireloom Vitagenic Copper Gel Firm Hybrid Queen Set
- $3999 – Tempur-pedic Flex Supreme Breeze Hybrid Queen Set (with $300 mail in rebate)
Online at MattressFirm.com and in stores, through 5/31.
- $199.99 – Door Buster Pillowtop Innerspring Mattress Set
- $299.99 – Sealy Firm Innerspring Full or Queen Set
- $399.99 – Hampton and Rhodes Plush Queen Innerspring Set
- $499.99 – Serta Memory Foam Queen Set
- $499.99 – Sealy Posturepedic Firm Innerspring Queen Set
- $499.99 – Beautyrest Firm Innerspring Queen Set
- $699.99 – Hampton and Rhodes Cushion Firm Innerspring Queen Set
- $749.99 – Beautyrest Recharge Plush Innerspring Queen Set
- $799.99 – Serta Memory Foam Queen Set
- $899.99 – Sealy Posturepedic Plush Innerspring Queen Set
- $999.99 – Beautyrest Recharge Firm Pillowtop Innerspring Queen Set
- $999.99 – Beautyrest Recharge Plush Innerspring Queen Set
- $1099.99 – Sealy Posturepedic Cushion Firm Innerspring Queen Set
- $1399.99 – Sealy Posturepedic Cushion Firm Innerspring Queen Set
- $1499.99 – Beautyrest Recharge World Class Plush Innerspring Queen Set
- $1499.99 – Beautyrest Recharge World Class Plush Pillow Top Innerspring Queen Set
- Free pillow, frame and delivery with select Beautyrest Black sets
- Free pillow and frame with select Serta Smart React Elite or exclusive Tempur models.
- Up to $300 instant savings on Tempur Breeze mattress sets.
- Up to $400 card by mail in rebate with select Tempur adjustable base and Breeze mattress sets.
Online at 1800mattress.com, dates to be announced.
- Coming soon! Last year, 1800mattress offered savings on Sealy and Beautyrest mid range models , a couple doorbusters on their house brand, and discounts or rebates with Serta iSeries and select Tempurpedic items.
Online at Sears.com and in stores, dates to be announced.
- Up to 60% off select beds.
- $100 Sears store card with in-store purchase of Beautyrest Black/Platinum/Platinum Hybrid, Sealy Optimum/Posturepedic Hybrid, and select Serta iComfort/iComfort Hybrid mattress and foundation sets.
- $200 Sears store card or a headboard, grill or 32″ TV with in-store purchase of Stearns and Foster or selected Serta iComfort mattress sets.
- $300 Sears store card with in-store purchase Tempurpedic mattress sets.
Online at Serta.com and via retailers, from 5/18 to 6/6.
- $100-$400 off iComfort and iComfort Hybrid mattress sets (depends on model and size)
- Up to $800 off Serta Motion Perfect III or Motion Comfort II adjustable beds (depends on size and model).
Online at Sleepys.com and in stores to 5/30, dates may vary by offer.
- Up to $400 gift card by mail with Tempur Breeze mattress sets (varies by model and price)
- Blanket and pillow with Beautyrest Legend, Phenom or Ultimate mattresses.
- Boxspring included with Beautyrest Recharge or Worldclass beds.
- Up to $500 off Serta iComfort mattresses and $500 of Serta adjustable bases, depending on size/model.
- $299 – Ortho Posture Firm Queen Innerspring Set
- $499 – Sealy Posturepedic Alpenglow Firm Queen Innerspring Set
- $599 – Ortho Posture Essential Comfort Firm Queen Innerspring Set
- $699 – Spring Air Firm or Plush Queen Innerspring Set
- $799 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Dunlake Luxury Firm Queen Innerspring Set
- $799 – Broyhill 12″ Firm Memory Foam Queen Mattress
- $899 – Sealy Posturepedic Santa Ana Cushion Firm Euro Pillowtop Queen Innerspring Set
- $999 – Laura Ashley Luxury Firm Queen Innerspring Set
- $999 – Broyhill Luxury Cushion Firm Queen Innerspring Set
- $1399 – Laura Ashley Elena 12″ Queen Foam Set
Online at Tempurpedic.com and via retailers, through 6/6.
- With purchase of a mattress and foundation set or mattress and adjustable bed set, take $300 accessories at checkout (applies to pillows, linens, select home items).
- $150-$400 gift card by mail with purchase of adjustable bed sets and a select Breeze mattresses (depends on size and model).
- 25% off sheets and pillows
Online at US-Mattress.com, dates not yet announced.
- Typically offers can be found on name brand innerspring and memory foam sets.
How to Get the Best Mattress Deals
You can find any type of bed you are looking for during these holiday specials, as nearly every type of retailer is competing for your business. Memory foam, innerspring, latex and even adjustable beds are discounted during Memorial weekend mattress sales, so it can be well worth the wait and effort.
You can’t expect to simply stumble across the best mattress though, as plenty of deals are less sensational than they may appear, and not all are top quality. Many discounts are wildly inflated, and often times super cheap beds have low quality materials that’ll leave you aching for a new one before the end of the year. A little strategy and information can go a long way in ensuring you bring comfort and value home this summer.
To help you through the barrage of bargains, we’ve created this handy comparison and guide. You should be able to find a quality bed at a great price within our selection if you don’t want to spend hours shopping, or use the tips we’ve provided to start looking on your own.
When and Where to Start Shopping
The best time to start looking for Memorial Day mattress deals is right now! While many sales won’t start until the weekend before the Monday holiday (May 30th in 2016), retailers will be sharing their secrets a little earlier to get your attention.
If you’re ready for what is coming, you can act quickly and avoid the busy holiday hustle. Some offers may only be available in limited numbers; you don’t want to miss out. And, you probably don’t want to spend the 3-day weekend in a store either.
Tackle this by starting your research early, so you know what types and brands appeal to you, and what “normal” prices look like — this will help tell you what is actually a good markdown. Deciding on things you like ahead of time also makes you less likely to settle on something subpar just for the savings.
Most stores and dealers will be offering reduced rates for budget, mid-range and even luxury models. Retail locations and online stores alike share in the celebratory price reductions; in fact, online you’ll find a much bigger selection and often better deals and return policies. In order to get the best deal for you, shop around at several places. Check different stores and brands to see what they are offering in your price range and what seems like it would be a fit for your needs and sleep style.
Consider your Preferences and Be Discriminating
We are all different and our beds should reflect that. What do you want or need from a bed? Do you prefer firmer, softer or somewhere in between? Would you prefer latex, innerspring, or memory foam? How many years do you plan on using this bed, and is it for occasionally or nightly use? These are some things to think about before you go shopping.
Once you have your preferences in line, start looking at the available options. The internet is a great resource for reviews, independent ratings and shopping guides. You can even shop and compare many options online without leaving the house, with more depth and detail than you’ll find at most shops.
Look at several different retailers before making a decision. There are more factors to consider than you may think. Mattresses come in a variety of sizes, firmnesses and materials. Find the characteristics you want, then see who is offering it at the best price.
But, make sure you read about the brand you are buying. Reputable companies generally have good return policies and warranties, and don’t forget to look into them when shopping. Two retailers could be offering virtually the same bed at the same price. If one has better return policies or customer service reviews, the decision is pretty simple.
Often, you can try your new bed out for awhile and return it if you dislike it, the same as buying a bed any other time of year. Some companies have trial periods lasting for months even. Your shopping experience doesn’t necessarily end once you pay for the bed. But, some holiday deals may have short or no trial period, so make sure you are aware of the company’s return and warranty policies.
Get the Most from Sales in 2016
It is a wise move to take advantage of Memorial Day sales on mattresses if you need to revamp your sleep space this summer. This opportunity comes but once a year. So, if you need a new bed, seize the day, then sleep easy all through the rest of the year. Budgeting for a large purchase can be hard to do. With the significant price reductions available along with other offers, you can make it happen a little more easily.
Start early and use your head. Having more time and information will increase the likelihood of satisfaction with your bed purchase. A good bed is its own reward, but a good bed at a great price is even better. Shop smart during this spring’s 2016 Memorial Day sales!