Sales on Memorial Day are the last chance to get a deal on beds before the summer heat settles in. Luckily, you can find some great offers on nearly every brand and type of bed during these end-of-May discount days. To help out, we have some tips for the savvy shopper this Memorial Day weekend.
Getting a new bed can be a life-changing experience. Don’t let the excitement or the pressure of limited-time deals get the best of you, though. Keep a level head and make a smart purchase you’ll be happy with for years to come at a price that’ll have you sleeping like a baby.
Your Guide to Memorial Day Weekend Mattress Sales
To help you navigate the annual discounts we’ve scoured the internet to provide you with some of the best Memorial Day mattress deals from a number of popular brands. Once we get them all together we will post them here. Stay tuned for the best Memorial Day weekend mattress sale ads from leading department stores, showrooms and online retailers.
Online at Amerisleep.com, 5/23 through 5/29.
Amerisleep isn’t as well known as some other brands, but their reputation for quality sleep spans the past 10 years. The Revere Bed is one of our favorite mattresses, so having it on sale is a steal.
- Take $200 off any plant-based memory foam mattress, any size with the code MD200 at checkout.
- Take an additional 20% off the Amerisleep adjustable bed when paired with a mattress.
- Free shipping, and free returns on mattresses.
Online at Macys.com and in stores, from 5/24 to 5/29.
- $149 – Sealy Essential Blue Arbor Firm Queen Mattress
- $399 – Beautyrest Midnight Blue Firm Queen Set
- $399 – Sealy Posturepedic Rustic Pass Firm Queen Set
- $499 – Beautyrest Cove Point Plush Queen Set
- $699 – Sealy Posturepedic Lawson Plush or Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $799 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Elite Graceful Haven Extra Firm or Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $809 – Beautyrest Silver Golden Gate Luxury Firm or Plush Queen Set
- $899 – Beautyrest Silver Golden Gate Luxury Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Set
- $899 – Sealy Posturepedic Lawson Plush or Cushion Firm Euro Pillowtop Queen Set
- $899 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Elite Graceful Haven Firm or Plush Pillowtop Queen Set
- $999 – MacyBed Lux by Kingsdown Cushion Firm Memory Foam Queen Set
- $1077 – Beautyrest World Class Keaton Extra Firm, Luxury Firm, or Plush Queen Set
- $1079 – Sealy Posturepedic Shore Drive Cushion Firm or Plush Euro PIllowtop Queen Set
- $1119 – Beautyrest Silver Waterscape Luxury Firm or Plush Queen Set
- $1299 – Stearns & Foster Garrick Luxury Firm or Luxury Cushion Firm Queen Set
- $1799 – Hotel Collection by Aireloom Vitagenic Copper Gel Firm Queen Set
- $1799 – Beautyrest Black Giada Extra Firm Queen Set
- Free Boxspring with Beautyrest World Class Hybrid, Serta iComfort Hybrid, and Serta iComfort Memory Foam sets.
- $200 store gift card with select mattress sets.
Online at MattressFirm.com and in stores, from 5/22 to 5/29.
- $499 – Beautyrest Greenwood 9’5″ Firm Queen Set
- Up to $1000 off select sets from Beautyrest Black Hybrid and Legend collection
- Up to $600 off Beautyrest Recharge and Serta iSeries collections
- 15 Hampton and Rhodes mattress sets under $1000
- Up to $400 off select adjustable bed bases.
Online at 1800mattress.com, dates to be announced.
- Coming soon! Last year, 1800mattress offered savings on Sealy and Beautyrest mid range models , a couple doorbusters on their house brand, and discounts or rebates with Serta iSeries and select Tempurpedic items.
Online at Sears.com and in stores, dates to be announced.
- $169 – Sertapedic Chiswick Firm Queen Mattress
- $499 – Sealy Response Kenney Tight Top Queen Mattress Set
- $647 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Plumstead Tight Top Queen Mattress Set
- $647 – Sealy Benish Tight Top Queen Mattress Set
- $300 in store gift card with Tempurpedic mattress sets
- $200 in store gift card with Stearns & Foster mattress sets
- $100 in reward points with Sealy Conform or Response mattress sets
Online at Serta.com and via retailers, from 5/17 to 6/5.
- Free boxspring with mattresses
- Up to $800 off mattress and adjustable bed sets, discount varies based on models and sizes.
Online at Sleepys.com and in stores to 5/30, dates may vary by offer.
- See “Mattress Firm”, as they are now one entity and share the same ad/sale.
Online at Tempurpedic.com and via retailers, from 5/15 to 6/11.
- Up to $400 off mattresses. Varies by model and size.
- $50-$100 off of Supreme and Prima lines, $150-$300 off Elite models, $200-$400 off of Luxe models.
- Up to $200 off adjustable beds. Varies by model and size. $50-$100 off Ergo Plus, $100-$200 off Ergo Premier.
Online at US-Mattress.com, dates not yet announced.
- Typically offers can be found on name brand innerspring and memory foam sets.
How to Get the Best Mattress Deals
You can find any type of bed you are looking for during these holiday specials, as nearly every type of retailer is competing for your business. Memory foam, innerspring, latex and even adjustable beds are discounted during Memorial weekend mattress sales, so it can be well worth the wait and effort.
You can’t expect to simply stumble across the best mattress though, as plenty of deals are less sensational than they may appear, and not all are top quality. Many discounts are wildly inflated, and often times super cheap beds have low quality materials that’ll leave you aching for a new one before the end of the year. A little strategy and information can go a long way in ensuring you bring comfort and value home this summer.
To help you through the barrage of bargains, we’ve created this handy comparison and guide. You should be able to find a quality bed at a great price within our selection if you don’t want to spend hours shopping, or use the tips we’ve provided to start looking on your own.
When and Where to Start Shopping
The best time to start looking for Memorial Day mattress deals is right now! While many sales won’t start until the weekend before the Monday holiday (May 29th in 2017), retailers will be sharing their secrets a little earlier to get your attention.
If you’re ready for what is coming, you can act quickly and avoid the busy holiday hustle. Some offers may only be available in limited numbers; you don’t want to miss out. And, you probably don’t want to spend the 3-day weekend in a store either.
Tackle this by starting your research early, so you know what types and brands appeal to you, and what “normal” prices look like — this will help tell you what is actually a good markdown. Deciding on things you like ahead of time also makes you less likely to settle on something subpar just for the savings.
Most stores and dealers will be offering reduced rates for budget, mid-range and even luxury models. Retail locations and online stores alike share in the celebratory price reductions; in fact, online you’ll find a much bigger selection and often better deals and return policies. In order to get the best deal for you, shop around at several places. Check different stores and brands to see what they are offering in your price range and what seems like it would be a fit for your needs and sleep style.
Consider your Preferences and Be Discriminating
We are all different and our beds should reflect that. What do you want or need from a bed? Do you prefer firmer, softer or somewhere in between? Would you prefer latex, innerspring, or memory foam? How many years do you plan on using this bed, and is it for occasionally or nightly use? These are some things to think about before you go shopping.
Once you have your preferences in line, start looking at the available options. The internet is a great resource for reviews, independent ratings and shopping guides. You can even shop and compare many options online without leaving the house, with more depth and detail than you’ll find at most shops.
Look at several different retailers before making a decision. There are more factors to consider than you may think. Mattresses come in a variety of sizes, firmnesses and materials. Find the characteristics you want, then see who is offering it at the best price.
But, make sure you read about the brand you are buying. Reputable companies generally have good return policies and warranties, and don’t forget to look into them when shopping. Two retailers could be offering virtually the same bed at the same price. If one has better return policies or customer service reviews, the decision is pretty simple.
Often, you can try your new bed out for awhile and return it if you dislike it, the same as buying a bed any other time of year. Some companies have trial periods lasting for months even. Your shopping experience doesn’t necessarily end once you pay for the bed. But, some holiday deals may have short or no trial period, so make sure you are aware of the company’s return and warranty policies.
Get the Most from Sales in 2017
It is a wise move to take advantage of Memorial Day sales on mattresses if you need to revamp your sleep space this summer. This opportunity comes but once a year. So, if you need a new bed, seize the day, then sleep easy all through the rest of the year. Budgeting for a large purchase can be hard to do. With the significant price reductions available along with other offers, you can make it happen a little more easily.
Start early and use your head. Having more time and information will increase the likelihood of satisfaction with your bed purchase. A good bed is its own reward, but a good bed at a great price is even better. Shop smart during this spring’s 2017 Memorial Day sales!